Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DRM Battle going on!

• Please log in to reply

Picky

Picky

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
This is complicated so I will write slowly. I have a client that uses gospel music to entertain the old folks at homes.. When you burn the songs to a cd they burn fine with nero but when you got open them and play the pc says there is no bytes. You can see where is was burned. The client has Bear share, Lime wire, Itunes, and other programs loaded. She pays for Bear share. I can take the same Disk that says no bytes on her PC and put it on mine and read and play it fine. The fist time I opened it up I had to agree to Itunes to see it. But I can play them on Itunes and Media player. I believe she has a DRM frenzy going on between all these programs and keeps it from seeing those songs. when I can see and play them. i even hooked a brand new DVD burner via USB to that PC and burnt the CD and had the same results showing no bytes after burning,Some Ideas Please. Thanks

Advertisements

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
You/your client may have burned it into an Audio CD, meaning the music in the CD is 'invisible' to you, but playable on a CD player (eg. Discman, radio CD player, etc). Paying for Bearshare... It's quite a waste of money, unless you're doing corporate stuff through it.

But I can play them on Itunes and Media player.

Also, what media player are you mentioning by that?

And, when your client presents the music to the old folks, what does she use? Does she bring a laptop there to let them listen to it OR she puts the CD in a CD player for them to listen to?

~Kelvin

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
Also, if it is DRM protected, you may not be able to burn it. You may also not copy the music. I haven't had an experience with DRM-copyrighted music because I buy CDs, I don't buy music online, so I can't say this is 100% correct.

~Kelvin

Picky

Picky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
The music is not invisible to me. I can see the tracks on my pc. Is is invisible on her PC. I can play them on Windows media player and Itunes, she can't because her PC won't see them. I ruled out the theory of a bad cd rom by hooking up a new rom via USB to her pc and it still would not read the cd even after the new rom burnt it. I took the same cd and can play and see the tracks on my pc. They use the tracks on a cd player to play and sing gospel music to the elderly. They are paying for it because they don't want to steal it . I agree that Bear share is a waste.

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
Oh. So, where does your client get these gospel music from?

Also, what format did you burn the songs in?

If the problem persists, I'd recommend you/your client not to buy music from the Internet, instead go out and buy CDs. They're set up to play on CD players.

~Kelvin

Picky

Picky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
Thanks, This is going no where, but thanks for the help.

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
Ok then. Sorry I couldn't help much.

~Kelvin