Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hp 4443 modem question

• Please log in to reply

cc2001

cc2001

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
Hello

I have an HP 4443 desktop. Recently I uninstalled the os and reinstalled win98 se which took all of the factory software out. I have the restore disks but when I try to run them it is telling me these only run with and hp computer??? I managed to get the modem drivers installed off of the cd by doing a search on the restore disk, but the error I am getting is "Unable to detect modem". I feel this is dealing with the modem drivers somehow. I need your input.

thanks

Advertisements

markedmanner

markedmanner

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
If you right click on my computer and click on properties and go to device manager is the modem listed?

L3vidog

L3vidog

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Modem could be faulty and you will probly have to buy a new one. And even if its listed in the device manager, It could still be faulty.

Edited by L3vidog, 18 April 2005 - 11:03 AM.

cc2001

cc2001

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
It was just working before i reinstlled the os. Dont think so.