Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Getting Prop Res DLL not loaded message

• Please log in to reply

jhguitar1

jhguitar1

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi,

All of a sudden, when I try to use my printer and sometimes when I boot up the computer I get an error message that says.. Prop Res DLL not loaded. I am not very computer literate, can someone please help me so I can correct my problem? I need to get my printer working again.

Thank You Very Much

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

You wouldn't happen to be using Microsoft Office would you? If so, try the following:

1: Uninstall Office

2: After that go to Program Files and check if theres a folder named Microsoft Office. If it is still present even though you've completely uninstalled it delete it.

3: Then open the registry editor (go to Start: click on run and type regedit)

4: Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/microsoft/ and delete the key "office".

5: Do the same as in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/microsoft/ delete "office".

6: Restart your PC and reinstall Office.

Murray

jhguitar1

jhguitar1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Sorry for my questions, but I don't know much about computers. A friend did come over a few years ago and installed Office (I think it was the professional, but not sure). We do not have the software he used. Do you know if Windows came with any form of Office on it? My wife and daughter use Word for many things and have important documents saved. By uninstalling the Office program, will they lose those documents?

Thanks for you help and patience

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Well, first of all, your friend violated Microsoft's EULA concerning Office by installing it on your system as it is only allowed to be installed on one system at any given time.

Lastly, without the cd, you will not be able to install Office again. That being said, you won't lose anything when you remove the program.

In its place, I suggest you go to OpenOffice.org and download and install OpenOffice.

It can read Microsoft Office files and save them as .docs, etc (Office extensions). It is a free program and used by many rather than paying for an Office program.

Murray

jhguitar1

jhguitar1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Thanks Murray. I deleted my printer from the computer and then reinstalled the software off the Dell site. I think that did the trick. I was able to print again. I truly appreciate your time and effort to help me and if anything arises I will come back here.

Thanks again!!