Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

editing and adding music to slideshows

• Please log in to reply

bettei

bettei

• PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
I'm not sure what forum to ask this, but here goes.

I have a slideshow program that allows me to add music to still picture slideshows. There is a song I would like to download and add that has perfect lyrics, except for the opening chorus. Is there a way to edit a song, and then add it to a slideshow? Do you need a special program to edit songs?

And another thing. I have always used Sony's Sonic Stage to purchase music with no problems. I had to re-register in that site because apparently I hadn't logged out before doing a system restore, and it wouldn't allow me to download music anymore, saying I already had too many computers in that account. So I emailed their help desk, and asked them to remove those other computers, since they were not used, and I purchased a song.

Since then, I have had problems with my default music player. I had constant prompts to "download Sonic My DVD Player", and I had to keep cancelling window after window to get rid of it. I have XP Media Edition 2005, and for a whole year these have worked compatibly, now they don't. Now if I want to even go to the Sonic stage website, they are promting me to download before I can even view the sight. There must be a setting that is off, but I sure don't know what would have changed. It's very frustrating.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Bette

Advertisements

jester620

jester620

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
As for the editing the song before putting it into the slideshow, that is a relative straight-forward task.

I personally love Audacity (freebie). Just import the audio file into Audacity and delete the section of the track that you don't want for your slideshow and then export it to mp3. You will probably need to download the Lame encoder to export to an mp3. (also free)

That's it, you've edited the track for your personal use. (i.e. Don't try to market the song without getting permission from the original creator of the song.)

As for the other part of your question, I'm not the best person to ask so I will let the experts on here have a crack at working on that.

Let me know if you need more help!

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
For the second question, the solution is simple:

Let's say you want to open a video file (wma, avi, anything) and the name's File.wma.

Now. Navigate to the folder where this File.wma is stored, right click on it, select Open With... , then Choose Program... .

You will see a popup window that looks like this:

Posted Image

Now, select Always use the selected program to open this kind of file , select the player you want to view the clip with, and press OK.

If there's still any problems, please post it.

~Kelvin