Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Fee Required?

• Please log in to reply

thinker11

thinker11

• Pip
  • 1 posts
AFTER GOING THROUGH SOME PRELIMINARY STAGES, I HAD NEEDED ADDITIONAL ASSISTANCE FROM YOUR SUPPOSED "FREE" HELP OF FELLOW COMPUTER GEEKS, LITTLE DID I KNOW I HAD TO DONATE AND IF I HAD NOT I WAS TO BE RUDELY BOOTED FROM THE ACTUAL CHATROOM, IT WOULD BE FAIR AS TO THE NEXT UNSUSPECTING COMPUTER USER THAT YOU SIMPLY POST, ********FEE REQUIRED********WE ARE OBVIOUSLY HERE BECAUSE WE CANT SOLVE THE PROBLEM BY OURSELVES.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello thinker11...

There are no fees involved in ANY aspect of receiving help at Geeks to Go. Donations are completely voluntary and have no bearing on the help you receive. Can you please show me where you were asked for a donation anywhere on the Geeks to Go site before you would be helped?

I saw where you joined Live Chat, but there was no interaction between you and any other members...no questions asked...no answers given...and, according to the logs, you were not kicked from the chat.

wannabe1

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

AFTER GOING THROUGH SOME PRELIMINARY STAGES, I HAD NEEDED ADDITIONAL ASSISTANCE FROM YOUR SUPPOSED "FREE" HELP OF FELLOW COMPUTER GEEKS, LITTLE DID I KNOW I HAD TO DONATE AND IF I HAD NOT I WAS TO BE RUDELY BOOTED FROM THE ACTUAL CHATROOM, IT WOULD BE FAIR AS TO THE NEXT UNSUSPECTING COMPUTER USER THAT YOU SIMPLY POST, ********FEE REQUIRED********WE ARE OBVIOUSLY HERE BECAUSE WE CANT SOLVE THE PROBLEM BY OURSELVES.

Hello. As an Administrator here, and an IRC op/Mod for all of Wyldryde (the chat network you joined), I can assure you that you were never asked for money in order to provide assistance. When you joined chat, yes you were told about donations if you choose to the chat network. That is not required in any way to use the network, or this site. Our GeeksToGo site channel is only one of hundreds of chat rooms on that network. WyldRyde recently became a NonProfit Corporation, and seeks donations to keep it alive. However, as I already said... you're not obligated in any way.

Wannabe1 is absolutely correct. According to the server logs, you joined and left the room three times in a row without chatting or talking at all. You were never forced to leave, or removed. I'm sorry if your connection somehow was bad, and made you feel as though you were being forced to leave the channel. And, I am truly sorry you felt that you were being "forced" to pay to use chat. I will speak with the other chat Ops about possibly re-wording the request, so it appears as more of a request, and not a "demand".

If you have any other questions, comments, or concerns, please share them with us. We cannot improve our members' experience if we don't know where any issues may lie.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Split discussion into a new topic, and move to the feedback forum.