Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Correct size of cable for SVGA monitor

• Please log in to reply

eljaytee

eljaytee

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I was donated a Gateway EV 910 monitor, a 19 inch model. I'm upgrading from a NEC 17 inch.

I was given an HD 15, m/m, 30V cable to use and have been advised it will work all right between the Gateway monitor and my CPU.

However, I noticed that the NEC has "150 V" written on the permanently attached cable, which makes me think that the 30V cable input cable is really not what I should be using.

I could use some help with this.

Also, if anyone is still reading, I had a flash drive suddenly drain of all memory recently, destroying about a month of notes that I'd stored. I wondered if this was a viral attack through the Internet or a problem with the flash drive itself.

Would appreciate all advice

eljaytee

Advertisements