Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dell Dimension e510 will not Microsoft update

• Please log in to reply

Slinkee4423

Slinkee4423

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a Dell Dimension e510 I'm working on for a friend that fails to update at MS update. I get a fail to update for Update for Xp(kb898461) and a Win Gen Adv Validation Tool(kb892130). I know the Software is valid, I helped him order it from Dell 2 yrs ago. It downloads them but fails to install. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Are these the only updates the you have problems with? If yes, try to download them again and reinstall. If the problem is with other window updates download Dial-a-Fix from the link in my list of programs below, unzip the folder and click on diale-a-fix.exe. Check Fix Window Updates and then click Go.

Edited by The Skeptic, 21 November 2007 - 04:23 AM.

Slinkee4423

Slinkee4423

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks, Skeptic, I tried your suggestion but it still won't install. It will install any thing but ms stuff. But I know for a fact its genuine. I really don't want to reformat because he has a lot of very important cad design programs and stuff he cant lose. Anyway, thanks for trying. I'm not going to let it whip me.