Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

PXE-E61 media failure

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
well, for a while now my new laptop, EI Systems 3001, has been randomly restarting with no warning whatsoever and upon booting up, the error PXE-E61 media failure appears.

after googling the problem most people have fixed it by making sure their boot devices are in the right order. after looking at my manual i thought that so long as my 1st boot device is IDE-0 and 2nd CD/DVD-0 then all would be well. however, that's the order already.

i'm not so much concerned with the PXE-E61 error, as, after a few tries, the laptop tends to boot up fine, however the fact that the laptop restarts on it's own reaally worries me.

are the two things connected?

any help will be much appreciated as i'm getting seriously stressed out over this

and sorry if this is in the wrong place ^_^

Edited by gemma, 19 April 2005 - 01:15 PM.