Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error..please help STOP: C000021a {Fatal System Error}

• Please log in to reply

nic777

nic777

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
ok, so i cloned my good working hard drive with western digital to a seagate 120gb. I get this blue screen everytime i try to go in os...cant go safe mode, safemode w/ command prompt, nothing. I've tried to repair it so i could keep the stuff on the drive..no dice so then i did a complete fresh install and still doesnt work this is second hard drive ive tried both were good last i knew. Now i've spent about 3 hours googling the problem and they all yippe repair worked for me bla bla...i found a microsoft page that says go to command prompt..how do i get to command prompt...i use my xp disk and press the repair the first time then 1 -enter did what it said to put in (something like System Root\system32\drwtsn32.exe -I) and nothing happened .... i dont know if it is command prompt though.

So, if i just wait and it does the logo the bars go by acts like it's gona go to the loading settings and says "Setup is being restarted..." then this come up(blue death message)

STOP: C000021a {Fatal System Error} The Session Manager Initialication system process terminated unexperctedly with a status of 0xc000026c (0x00000000 0x00000000) The system has been shut down

It just hangs there doesnt restart....just hangs. Please help, i've got a Biostar board and a digital monitor if that changes anything.

Advertisements

nic777

nic777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
oops didnt mean to double post

nic777

nic777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
cant help?

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
So basically you cloned a good working drive and installation to another drive - another good drive or a known bad drive? Why did you do this may I ask?
So you've now wiped the Seagate drive, built a new Windows on it and it still doesn't work? That suggests an issue with the drive or an issue with the part of the motherboard that the drive plugs into.

Stop 0xC21 errors are almost always hardware related and point to issues with the hard drive.

nic777

nic777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
its good hard drive..wanted to keep updates and all on a new computer instead of start fresh and spend a day installing stuff...