Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Too many email clients cause problems

• Please log in to reply

lorran

lorran

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I use an Intel Pentium 166MHz w/MMX computer that has Windows 98SE. Recently my Netscape 7 email program malfunctioned, allowing me only to read incoming messages but leaving me unable to reply or even print them. I needed an email client so I downloaded and installed Earthlink's WebMail to use instead. But I still have Netscape 7 installed and now I find that I have two email programs competing with one another. I have email messages coming to both inboxes now. I am seriously considering uninstalling Netscape 7. Logic tells me that doing so would leave only Earthlink WebMail as my one and only email client and therefore all emails would go directly there. But I would really appreciate any advice on this matter because I have never uninstalled an email program before. What do you think, fellow geeks? Thank you.

lorran

Advertisements

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hello lorran,

I don't see what the problem would be in having only one email client. My one concern would be to make sure the email client you choose can be backed up, just in case you ever decide to switch and want to port over accounts, settings, and emails.

Regards,

Ax

lorran

lorran

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Thanks a lot, Ax! I'll definitely keep that in mind.

lorran :)

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
:) Glad I could help.