Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

new build

• Please log in to reply

kamille316

kamille316

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
I know, its going to be really hard to find stock. I'll probably just get it since I check NCIX all the time and just ask him for the money :) (He's always busy at work)
Saw the added new items on sale at NCIX today and found Hitachi 500GB harddrive for a good price. After checking it the second time, all 150 of em are gone in a little more than 30 minutes :)

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Yup, 1TB drives were going for 200$, they were below cost and went in a matter of minutes.
To bad I didn't need a hard drive.
James

Edited by james_8970, 23 November 2007 - 07:53 PM.

kamille316

kamille316

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
We ordered everything last saturday and still waiting on it but we ordered a computer case as well
Antec P182 ATX Black Mid Tower Case 4X5.25 1X3.5 6X3.5INT No PS Front USB Audio Firewire
and I'm wondering if the PSU cable will be long enough since for that case the PSU is placed at the bottom.
This is the PSU we ordered Antec Truepower Trio 650W Power Supply ATX12V V2.0 Active PFC SLI Certified 120MM Fan

I'm thinking that the PSU cable will be long enough to be compatible with this case since they're made by the same manufacturer. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks,
Kamille

Edited by kamille316, 29 November 2007 - 11:48 AM.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
It should be, many people run the cable behind the motherboard tray as it seems to give a little extra slack in this case, though some modding might be involved (I havn't built a rig around this case).
As for shipping, if you choose ground shipping, it usually takes 6-8 days to get to me, living in alberta you should have it 2 days after it shipped, do you have a tracking number yet? Or did you order anything on backorder?
James

Edited by james_8970, 29 November 2007 - 12:15 PM.

kamille316

kamille316

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
Everything checks out but waiting for NCIX to ship it (Purolator haven't picked it up yet) so hopefully we'll get it by next week.

Thanks again james

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Not a problem, purolator picks everything up around 6p.m. PST, you usually get a tracking number one hour or so after that.
James

kamille316

kamille316

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
Thanks james, now I know what time they pick everything up and we don't have to keep refreshing the NCIX Order Tracking page all the time :)

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
:) Not a problem, hopefully you don't have to deal with the delivery trucks breaking down like I had to, it delayed my order 2 days, I got a little antzy.
Temperature dropped in winnipeg, to minus 35 with the windchill, ouch.
I was on two transit busses today that both broke down! What are the chances, good grief, at least my friends got a good laugh out of me having to run for 30 minutes, cause I didn't.
James

Edited by james_8970, 29 November 2007 - 12:44 PM.

kamille316

kamille316

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
Wow that temperature really sucks, hopefully we don't have to deal with that kind of temperature until January.
I like snow though but I hated how it made our temperature from +1C to -19C overnight and seems like our temp will stay around -18 to -25 now :)

I hate taking the bus though its my only option because I have no driver's license and no car :). You never really know what time the bus comes and at this temperatures I don't want to wait at the bus stop for so long.

Edited by kamille316, 29 November 2007 - 12:50 PM.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts

You never really know what time if the bus comes and at this temperatures I don't want to wait at the bus stop for so long.

Fixed.
Forgot to tell you after I got at my stop (after I had been on the two broken busses), I had to wait another 30 minutes because the bus that was supposed to be there had broken down as well, today was a fun day :)
James

Edited by james_8970, 29 November 2007 - 01:28 PM.

Advertisements

kamille316

kamille316

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

You never really know what time if the bus comes and at this temperatures I don't want to wait at the bus stop for so long.

Fixed.
Forgot to tell you after I got at my stop (after I had been on the two broken busses), I had to wait another 30 minutes because the bus that was supposed to be there had broken down as well, today was a fun day :)
James

Wow I feel sorry for you. That has never happened to me before and I hope that it won't ever happen. :)
I've only been on one broken bus before and we were not that far from the bus station.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Meh, it was interesting, I don't mind the cold, considering I live in winterpeg. The bus drivers weren't so cheerful over the incident though, :)
Don't feel sorry for me, whatever can go wrong will go wrong for me, I always make the best of it and get a good laugh :)
Though it makes me want to second guess installing the watercooling setup I'm about to place into my PC :)
James

Edited by james_8970, 29 November 2007 - 01:46 PM.

kamille316

kamille316

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Though it makes me want to second guess installing the watercooling setup I'm about to place into my PC :)
James

Good luck on that one :)

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Thanx, going to be hard to resist jumping into it and study.
James

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
Lol, interesting same weather almost here in Toronto. I don't have a problem with the weather just me being late all the time. I have day school and then another course in another school at 4:00 and my school ends at 3:19, so I have to get to the bus that goes to the subway then take a train that goes to another subway called Sheppard/Young station then take a train from there to Finch station, once there I have to jump on the bus that comes every 30 minutes. Once I was late by I think 1 minute from the start which threw my whole schedule off because I missed the first bus, when I got to the subway I just saw the train close the doors, then missed the second train in Sheppard/Young station AND missed the last bus in Finch station, so I was late for my class by 32 minutes. Life sure is fun here in Canada. Just can't wait till school is done, then I'll have time to do what I want, like go back to teaching.

Soorena