Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

web site development

• Please log in to reply

m4motorious

m4motorious

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi all.
does any one knows how to make a booking system for a flying operator. i have to develope a website with tis booking system and i don't know how to start. i ve been toled that i have to use javascript, php, mysql and make my pc as a server,since i am running xp pro. that's all sound grate but there is one thing i don't get. how i have to set up the server and from which part do i have to start first.should i start doing the data base or the user intrf ???? and if i am going to do the database, how do i run my sql. is it a sort of platform i have to have on my computer or i just need to setup something in my computer???? could any good man/woman gimme a hint- guide me trough the proccess.

Edit: To remove email address so your inbox will not be overrun with unsolicited mail. Please refer to our Terms of Use.

Edited by frantique, 22 November 2007 - 05:08 AM.

Advertisements

skate_punk_21

skate_punk_21

Malware Removal Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 1,049 posts
Well if you plan to do this as something where people can contract you out through a web site, I would suggest you start by purchasing a host & domain. Its a much easier solution that requires no local modifications. Javascript, MySQL and PHP are all perfectly good systems to use to implement the system but you need a place to put them first. So do some research for a domain that you would like (ie: comeflywithme.com) and then find a hosting package that supports MySQL Databases & PHP. If you want them to be able to puchase their flight you could even look for shopping car packages available from the host.
-SkatePunk

m4motorious

m4motorious

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
thanks for the info. the only problem is that i have to make this project and present it in my uni. this is my desertation :) and it wold be preferable to do it on my com instead buying host&domain.
thanks anywhay
euxaristo :)

m4motorious

m4motorious

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
would be, computer (pc)*

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 31,676 posts
Check the paragraph about Web Severs here:
http://www.phpfreaks.com/tutorials.php

I think the Trio Of Trouble - In Windows is what you are looking for.
At least as far as I can tell from your posts.