Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to establish a TCP connection. Port problem.

• Please log in to reply

Fishmonger

Fishmonger

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hi all. I have a problem that whenever i try to connect to emule it says i have a 'low ID' and i need to fix a problem with by router, or firewall. To be precise it says; http://www.emule-pro...n...ng=1033&l=1

Please wait while the ports of your eMule are being tested...

Testing IP: host81-152-183-119.range81-152.btcentralplus.com (81.152.183.119)

Starting TCP connection test...
TCP test failed! UDP test will not be performed.

Connection test finished.

Results in detail:

* TCP connection test failed.
It was not possible, to establish a TCP connection to your eMule.
Other users will only be able to connect to you with the help of a server, resulting in a low ID for you. While eMule still works, this will give you several disadvantages. Therfore it is highly recommended to solve this problem.

How to resolve port problems... Something is interfering with your network communications. There are two main reasons for this:

* If you are using a firewall, ensure that your firwall don't block the required ports! You might need to set a rule to allow the ports to be available.
* If you use a router, make sure that your router forwards the required ports to your local IP!

I have got a feeling i may need to fix my IP address and change some settings on my router, but i dont know where to start, and i really need this fixed soon.

Any help would be appreciated, thanx.

Edited by Fishmonger, 22 November 2007 - 09:24 AM.

Advertisements

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hello Fishmonger,

It might be good for you to read our Terms of Use.

We will not support or allow the discussion of any peer to peer (P2P) applications, except for their removal.

That's our only option, so if you desire to remove eMule, we'll gladly help you out.

Regards,

Ax