Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Transferred dvd fr another computer but no drive showing on screen.

• Please log in to reply

jara_matu

jara_matu

• Pip
  • 1 posts
1. I transferred my dvd from another computer because that computer is not running but nothing would come up on the screen. I placed exactly where the old CD was, but I don't know why it's not working. No drive showing on screen.

2. My sister informed me that I should go on line and download the drive. I have DVD Empress dual 16x. Unfortunately I can't find it on the website. Any suggestions?

Please reply.
Jara

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi jara_matu! Welcome to Geeks to Go!

If you are running Windows XP, it should install the drive for you automatically. Therefore, you won't need to download drivers for it. If you can't use the drive at all (try using out of Windows environment - can you boot with it?), then it's in need of replacement itself. Optical drive failures are common, but fortunately they are cheap to replace. You can buy a new DVD Burner for under $30.

Cheers :)

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
Also make sure that the jumpers are set right on the CD/DVD-ROM. If its just the drive then it should be Master or Primary, if another drive is attached then it should be set to Master and the other drive to Slave.

Soorena