Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Boot Problem

• Please log in to reply

Antimsaash

Antimsaash

• PipPip
  • 96 posts
Hi!

I recently got a new laptop with Vista home basic 32 Bit.... And for some reason when it boots after i log in with my user password, it shows the background wallpaper for like a minute and hangs and then only boots the computer completely... What seems to be the problem???

Thanks
-Antimsaash

Advertisements

mazuk

mazuk

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
Could be down to a number of things, as you say you have just bought the laptop i presume that you have installed many apps and other files here and there the following ideas should help this out a bit for you:

-run>msconfig>startup....remove all the programs at start up that are not needed
-Diskclean up and disk defrag
-Minimize amount of apps starting in system tray at startup

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP
Is your Antivirus set up to scan at startup? This could be a third-party hardware or software component, slowing your 'start time'.