Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My screen turns yellow

• Please log in to reply

Extract

Extract

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
I've had my PC for a about 2 1/2 years now. I don't know if PC's have a life span :) (little humor) but I'm concerned. I'd start working and out of nowhere I get this awkward yellow tint that changes the color of my entire screen. Is this the signs of a "dieing PC" or just faulty hardware that can be upgraded. Has anyone out there ever experienced this. Help is greatly appreciated.Thank you.

-EX

Advertisements

I.D.S. Administrator

I.D.S. Administrator

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

I've had my PC for a about 2 1/2 years now. I don't know if PC's have a life span :) (little humor) but I'm concerned. I'd start working and out of nowhere I get this awkward yellow tint that changes the color of my entire screen. Is this the signs of a "dieing PC" or just faulty hardware that can be upgraded. Has anyone out there ever experienced this. Help is greatly appreciated.Thank you.

-EX

Test this out:

Update your video drivers (both adapter and card). If that does not fix the problem, then try a different videocard. IF still this does not work, see if you have any "video managers" such as the ATI CONTROL CENTER. If you do, try disabling it on startup.

Edited by I.D.S. Administrator, 22 November 2007 - 11:54 PM.

Extract

Extract

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
OK I'll try these out, thanks for your suggestions.

** I checked my drivers and they're up to date.

Edited by Extract, 24 November 2007 - 06:55 PM.

Extract

Extract

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
I don't have a video manager or it doesn't startup with windows because I've checked the msconfig panel, and Windows services. The other tip may take longer because I don't have any spare video cards. It doesn't look like I'll be buying one soon neither. You think you have any other helpful hints? Otherwise, thanks for your recommendations.

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
Try changing the settings on the monitor? Might be a problem with the color balance.

What type of monitor are you using? If you're using a CRT monitor, and you use it VERY frequently (eg. 3-4 hours a day, every day, every week), yes, it's a sign that something inside has burnt out (forgot the term for that thing...).

~Kelvin

Extract

Extract

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
It's a Plug and Play LCD monitor on an "Intel®" graphics Card. But I'll still take what you've said into consideration whether or not it applies. Thanks for the tip.

Edited by Extract, 27 November 2007 - 01:38 PM.

Reactor

Reactor

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
My screen also turns yellow, if the monitor's cable is pressed against the wall, and gets curved into 90 degrees. Might be a possible reason.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Can you try your LCD in another computer/ laptop to eliminate the computer as the problem?

Extract

Extract

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
I've tampered with the Monitor cable and received the same results so I reckon it's that. With that said I've tighten the cable a bit and I'm waiting to see if the same problem occurs. I usually keep it fairly loose to eliminate the hassle of unscrewing when doing maintenance jobs. Though it's loose, I've never had this issue before which is why I thought this problem could've come from elsewhere.

Edited by Extract, 29 November 2007 - 07:46 PM.