Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Trouble installing HP Photosmart 7660 Printer

• Please log in to reply

lorimay7

lorimay7

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I was given a HP Photosmart 7660 Printer and can't get it to completely install. I have the software...put it in and follow steps, it tells me to plug cable in from printer to PC..that does well and the product connection is successful but when it gets to part 3 of installation it stops at 12% and gives me the following error: Error_install_failure. Then I have to click ok and then it makes me go through the uninstall process. I've tried this 3 times with the CD that came with the printer and 3 times I've tried to install from the HP.com site (went to Software&Driver download, entered my product info to download drivers for it). All times I get to the same point with the same lame message with no instructions on what the problem is and how to resolve it. Please help before I go insane!

Happy Thanksgiving,
Lori
My PC is a Windows XP desktop unit

Advertisements