Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP IE & Desktop Freezing Not allowing Right Clicking

• Please log in to reply

Cris21

Cris21

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Was wondering if anyone knew what the problem might be. Have to turn off computer and back on each time.

Advertisements

Slikkie

Slikkie

• PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
Hi there,

Could you please describe the problem in more detail? What exactly happens when you right click? Is it only in IE?

Slikkie

Cris21

Cris21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Nothing at all happens when right clicking. It usually starts when in IE. I will click a link and it will not open. I try right clicking and nothing. I then close IE and reopen and it will open and stay blank. I will close it again and then I try clicking the icon or any other icon on the desktop and nothing will open. That is when I end up having to turn the computer off and then back on. I have also noticed that the Windows security alert has been saying that it has quit working or something, and says to restart computer, that is when I can get it open before nothing at all will open.

Slikkie

Slikkie

• PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
By judging what you're describing, there's a possibility that this could be malware. I suggest following the directions in this thread and then posting your HJT log here.

Slikkie :)