Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

22" Wide Screen

• Please log in to reply

Adrenalin

Adrenalin

• PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
Hello,

I bought A Acer X222W 22" Widescreen LCD, now I seem to have a problem where my screen shows everything as very 'choppy' if you could call it that, it's not as 'smooth' as it used to be at all. Any way to fix this?

Advertisements

Slikkie

Slikkie

• PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
Hi there Adrenalin

What resolution is your monitor set to? It could be that your display adapter can't support your new LCD monitor, or your computer doesn't have enough memory to display images correctly. Try lowering the resolution a bit and see if that helps.

Slikkie :)

Adrenalin

Adrenalin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
Hi,

Yeah i've tried that, also different drivers, different setings but i haven't gone into the nvidia control panel coz i'm not to familiar with colour settings. For some strange reason when i set it to 1024x768 i cant change the setting to above 60hz, weird... surely any 22" monitor should support a greater than 60hz?

Slikkie

Slikkie

• PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
What display adapter are you using?

Adrenalin

Adrenalin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
6800xt, agp 512mb