Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

applets won't open all the way

• Please log in to reply

k9mom

k9mom

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've got a problem..don't know how to fix it. Certain types of applets I open, won't open all the way. Not general run of the mill browser type windows. An example would be, paying a bill online, and they offer you a small calendar to click on to pick the payment date. That type of "applet"...there's no way to drag it open bigger, and all I see is part of the calendar ( went to my bank's web site. They have a "bill pay" section, and they have the aforementioned calendars. I right clicked on one of the calendars, and it's a javascript. So...maybe my prob is with Java?) I have updated the Java....just a hunch.....another example is: I've got Hauppauge winTV HVR 950 usb TV Tuner stick. The window for viewing the tv shows is fine, but it has an option where you can schedule recordings. That little app or "window", if you will, doesn't open all the way, or in other words, I can't see the whole "screen", no arrows at the corners to drag the screen bigger, and in turn, can't use all the options, and can't close it without going to task manager, because I can't see the corner to access the X for closing. These are just a couple of the examples I can give you. Normal "windows", as in browsing (the window I'm looking at now) are just fine. This problem seems to be with small applet(for lack of better word) or something. This happens whether I'm using Firefox, or IE, which I don't think has anything to do with it (the scheduler applet for WinTv isn't online, so I know it's not a browser prob) Has been a problem for as long as I can remember, and now with this new WinTV prog, I need to see that recording app all the way expanded.
Hope that makes sense. Any ideas? Are my font settings too big? I don't think so..I checked settings and everything is set to normal. Is it Java related? I don't have a clue.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
are you using firefox or IE? Different browsers will sometimes render code differently. I normally use firefox and sometimes have similar issues occur. When I view in IE, all is ok.