Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help rendering site correctly in ie7 + ie6

• Please log in to reply

jacobusmatthew

jacobusmatthew

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
Hey all, seems to be a growing time span between my posts. My site finally has some content, as worthless as it may be... lol. I'm having some trouble getting my site to render properly in any of the internet explorers. I was going to attempt to solve this using a dynamic style sheet with different rules for each browser, but i have run into a bit of a speed bump. First of all, I have Vista, which makes running ie6 very difficult and if i run an image of XP with ie6, I don't have my virtual host set up. Secondly, I was trying to make my site work in all browsers, as it was working in ie7, and somewhere along the way, I fixed it for safari, opera, and firefox, while simultaneously breaking it in ie7. I was willing to have a faulty site in ie6 so long as it was functioning properly in ie7. I somehow justified it, dont ask me how. Anybody got anything for me? ...THANKS!!

...I suppose it would help to have the address http://www.matthewjacobus.com

Matt

Edited by jacobusmatthew, 24 November 2007 - 09:01 PM.

Advertisements

jacobusmatthew

jacobusmatthew

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
no ones got anything, Ive been remaking the model, but i still have problems in ie7. Even if u dont know the answer to my question feel free to say something lol...

Thanks,
Matt

Nemesis

Nemesis

• PipPipPip
  • 288 posts
The major problem is IE doesn't like to follow any standards. Infact, IE7 is only the starting point in which they're somewhat confirming to W3C standards. You will have to find a way to hack the CSS script such that IE7 will run well. IE6 and 7 is vital because most users today are on XP using IE6 and new potential Vista users are using IE7. It will take a while before the norm has completely moved on from IE6.

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
Don't forget about Firefox... it's eating the big "e"-berries.

jacobusmatthew

jacobusmatthew

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
yea im aware of ie's non-standardness I didnt know if some CSS guy could just look and see the problem, obviously im just going to have to load different stylesheets for each browser something i was hoping to avoid for a site with such little traffic...o well :)

Matt