Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

sending files from my oc to my laptop wirelessly

• Please log in to reply

fortuitous

fortuitous

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
hi there everyone.
been ages since i posted here, so i hope nothings changed lol. anyway, ive just managed to get my laptop connected to the internet via my netgear wireless router. but i cant seem to find out how to send files to the laptop. ive tried to use the sharing folders and have read the help file on the matter, but stil cant work it out. please could someone help me! the laptop is using vista basic, and the pc is on xp, so does this mean that i cant share my files between them, surely not!

Many thanks in advance

Rob

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Tutorial here, fortuitous:

http://www.itweek.ja...en-xp-and-vista

fortuitous

fortuitous

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
hi there, i did get it working, but then the laptop stopped finding the pc, after changing both the workgroups from NETGEAR to NETGEAR1 it found the pc, but will not connect to it, this is really frustrating me, as im pretty surre ive done nothing different, please help me!!!!!

fortuitous

fortuitous

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
could someone please help me, its been over a month now, cheers