Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows & Itunes won't detect new iPod classic (80-gig)

• Please log in to reply

Shananescence

Shananescence

• Pip
  • 3 posts
It seems my case is slightly different from the ones I've read. I have two classic 80 gig iPods - one was purchased last year and a new one purchased last month. The first one (mine) has been working just fine. The new one (husband's) is not being detected in either Windows or iTunes. When plugged up it cuts on and begins charging but that's it.
We have our own separate Windows accounts and separate iTunes accounts. I have tried connecting the new one to my own account and still nothing shows up in My Computer or iTunes. This has been driving me crazy for at least two weeks and the support on the apple site has yielded no results.

Could someone please help me? Thanks in advance!

Advertisements

Adrenalin

Adrenalin

• PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
Hi Shananescence,

Have you tried plugging it into another computer perhaps? Maybe the fault lies with the actual unit itself? Just a thought...

Edited by Adrenalin, 25 November 2007 - 02:16 PM.

Shananescence

Shananescence

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Nope, I actually haven't tried that yet - but I will now. Thanks for the suggestion!

Adrenalin

Adrenalin

• PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
Let us know if it works :)

Good luck...

Shananescence

Shananescence

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I've been super-busy, but here's an update.

I tried plugging it up to my sister's laptop and it showed up fine in iTunes and My Computer.
I tried hooking it up again to my computer and, once again, nothing. So it seems it must be a problem w/ my computer but I can't imagine what it could be. Anyone have any ideas or tips? :)

Adrenalin

Adrenalin

• PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
Check this link

And as per usual, give us an update please :)

quackjob

quackjob

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi...

Would it be fair to say that the problem could come fromthe fact that
you can only have 1 ipod installed on 1 computer as I tried (as I have as similar problem)
a different computer but that has an Ipod installed on it and on that laptop neither Windows or itunes
found the Ipod

Thanks in advance,
Quackjob