Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer Upload slow, Firefox Normal- Why?

• Please log in to reply

Newb787

Newb787

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Hi, Newb787 :)

You can discard malware as the reason. In addition there is nothing wrong in your system.

Perhaps the difference is by design.

Thanks for confirming what I suspected that I dont have any malware, that's why I posted initially in the non malware forum.

There is something wrong with my system though. I have been running download/upload scans for many years and I noticed this anomaly occurring several months ago. In addition, I have been having odd behavior with IE in general starting around the same time too. Further unexplained incidences have also been experienced. I am unable to completely render movies using various previously stable DVD Authoring software is just one example.

Since IE is still heavily integrated with Windows, I have strong reason to suspect some corruption with my XP software. Running SFC (scandisk) has not helped. Perhaps running registry cleaners in the past may have messed up things too. Repairing XP is not an option since the original XP does not have SP1 or SP2 installed. I am not comfortable in trying to create a slipstream CD.

Perhaps you can move this thread to the software section? Or should I repost there?

Sam

Advertisements

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
Sam--

Have you heard about Autostreamer?
http://www.simplygui...ostreamer.shtml

http://majorgeeks.co...wnload4444.html

marks97

marks97

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a similar problem. It happens with 2 machines connected to the same wireless belkin network. Uploads via IE will only manage to upload a few kb before the router seems to stop working. It still says connected but I have to restart it before I can use the internet at all. If I use Firefox to upload though, it works fine. This has only started in the last few months. I have made no changes to my network.

Mark

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
Mark- please start a thread about your own problem. No 2 systems are exactly the same, and having more than one person in a thread makes it very difficult to keep communication clear. Thank-you.