Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Seagate Free Agent Pro 500 GB Hard Drive Question

• Please log in to reply

superstar

superstar

• PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
I just bought a free agent pro 500 giger cuz my drive is dying. I would like to know if I have to use the software that comes on the drive. If not how will my drive work? Like a normal copy and paste drive?

Anyone have experience or anything with these drives and their software to tell me if it's good or not. Personally I just want to copy and paste stuff when I want to my free agent. I haven't plugged it in yet so please let me know what's the best thing to do.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Free Agent Pro: Access your content from anywhere, share it with anyone and sync it to almost anything. The FreeAgent™ Pro data mover automatically duplicates and moves content you select to multiple locations.

In other words, it doesn't do anything you can't do yourself. It's effectively a file copier.
Yes it'll work as a standard drive regardless of whether you use this software or not.