Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Power supply reviews

• Please log in to reply

Picky

Picky

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
Does anyone have a link to a site that will give me a good power supply review. I plan on putting together a PC with an Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe AM@ Motherboard, for the time only one 8800 nvidia video card, AMD 600 x2 CPU and all the other goodies like to rom drives, several internal sata drives, several external drives, printers, and a few other usb devices. I believe I need to start with a 600 watt PS but need some advise on which one. So if anyone can help with links and there own experiences I would appreciate it. Thanks

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

Does anyone have a link to a site that will give me a good power supply review. I plan on putting together a PC with an Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe AM@ Motherboard, for the time only one 8800 nvidia video card, AMD 600 x2 CPU and all the other goodies like to rom drives, several internal sata drives, several external drives, printers, and a few other usb devices. I believe I need to start with a 600 watt PS but need some advise on which one. So if anyone can help with links and there own experiences I would appreciate it. Thanks

Depends how much money you are willing to spend and if you only need 1 or 2 video cards.

If you are trying to cut down on cost the best powersupply for the money is the OCZ gameXstream 700W from www.clubit.com

Retail Price: $149.99
ClubIT Price: $117.88*
Mail-in Rebate: $25.00 - Rebate good from 11/16/2007 to 11/30/2007
Final Price: $92.88

I have recommend this power supply to others and I personally bought it myself, you cannot beat this power supply for this price. Do not get any cheaper this is all you would need for your setup and lets say 1 8800ultra. If you wanted to run 2 8800ultras look into an 750W from Pc power and cooling but it will be $168.

Corsair and seasonic are good, seasonic makes corsair's psu's so those are great power supplies aswell. FSP / FSP group makes the OCZ powersupply I listed which is a good company also.

If you want the best its Pc Power & Cooling, or the expensive Seasonics. FSP/OCZ are great as well along with the higher end Silverstones.

http://www.clubit.co...itemno=A6276522

Generally you want high amps on the 12 volt rails for the powersupplies.

Picky

Picky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
Thanks, I will keep it in mind. I have also considered the Thermaltake W0106RU @ 700 watts. Thanks Bruce