Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

video mp3

• Please log in to reply

sharonrose

sharonrose

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
ok, i asked this before but i didnt make myself clear. i wasnt sure how to expain it but i think i have found a way.
I have captured streaming video off the net. However, when replay media catcher saved it the movie wasnt saved as the standard avi, divx, flv etc. it was saved as Mp3.
there is software ( Video mp3 Extractor ) that will convert video files (avi, divx, flv) to mp3 format. it extracts the audio from the movie. what i need is software that will take the converted mp3 file and convert it BACK to a video file (avi, divx, flv) i know that the file i copied is in fact a movie and not just sound because i watched the movie as i copied it.
i hope i have explained this better and can find someone to help.

thank you

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
I have about a hundred questions here. So I think it would be best if I could try and duplicate the issue. Where did you get the movie from?

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
MP3 files are physically incapable of storing video information. They are strictly audio. Therefore if a video you've made has ended up an MP3 file, its the source audio only. There will be no video in this file.

You're probably referring to MPEG 1 or MPEG 2 video. MPEG 3 is technically a standard but long since abandoned (originally planned for High Definition) after MPEG-2 was found to handle it instead.