Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cant open this site in firefox...

• Please log in to reply

hawthorn

hawthorn

• PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
Hi Folks

I cannot open this site www.boards.ie in Firefox, at east 90% of the time. The top of the title page appears but nothing else, and it just hangs there indefinitely trying to load.
The other 10% of the time it will open but as soon as I click on any link or content it hangs again.

It opens perfectly in IE7 and on a friends computer it opens in Firefox. I also wrote to the board (the site) and replies said no one had a problem in Firefox! Im using XP pro. Any ideas?

h

Advertisements

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hello h,

Try getting to the site using Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode). You can access this by using the programs menu, under "Mozilla Firefox".

Also, do you have any popup blocking software? What other security software do you have installed?

Regards,

Ax

hawthorn

hawthorn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
Hi

No the safe mode isnt working so far. The thing is I could come back in about 45 mins and it will have loaded. But it will take as long again to go any further.

I have avast, adaware, comodo firewall, and superantispyware.

It was accasionally slow in the past and sometimes wouldnt load, but no quite as bad as this.

I notice an upgrade downloaded 2.0.0.10 Wonder if this will make a difference when I restart.

Or maybe I will uninstall and reinstall Firefox...

h

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
h,

It might not be a bad idea to uninstall Firefox and then reinstall, as it works fine for you in IE.

Keep me posted.

Ax