Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Reformating a HD question

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Subaru

Subaru

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Yet, another question from me. :) If i reformat my HD so i can use a new motherboard and processor with it can i use a friends windows cd to reinstall windows to the HD? Or would i need some sort of special codes etc. Ive lost my windows key and am looking for a way to get around droping a 150 for a new one.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
Hi Subaru! Unfortunately, we can't help you with that. If you can't find your Windows Product Key, then you'll need to purchase another one. This is unfortunate.

A moderator will probably close this topic shortly.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
What you ask of us here is illegal and we can not help you with it. Give Microsoft a call...if they will give you a new product key, we'll be happy to help you.

This topic is closed.