Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Restart and Flashing Screen

• Please log in to reply

SleightOfHand

SleightOfHand

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Monitor - Samsung SyncMaster 204B
Graphics Cards - 2 XTX1950's Crossfired
Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo 6700 2.66 GHz
Motherboard - Asus P5W DH Deluxe
RAM - 2 Corsair XMS2's

A few problems...

Flashing Screen
Well, for a few months now, after updating my monitor driver the screen would keep flashing. It begins flashing after restarting my computer, but after disconnecting the monitor from the tower and putting it back, it would be ok. But after running games it would start flashing again and wouldn't stop until i close the game. But if I play World of Warcraft and put it in windowed mode and fullscreen it, it would be ok. Other games however still flash. I went to the ATI website and apparently this is a fairly common problem, but I did everything the website told me to do but nothing worked.

Random Computer Restarts
For a few months (maybe later than the flashing screen error), my computer would randomly restart. It would happen very rarely however, so I never paid much attention to it. However, I tried running Warcraft 3 - Frozen Throne and it would restart after attempting to run the game.

Edited by SleightOfHand, 26 November 2007 - 03:11 AM.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
If the driver update was for the graphics cards (not the monitor), you need to 'roll-back' to the earlier driver if that was not giving you these problems. Control Panel (classic view)->System->Hardware(tab)->Device Manager (button).
right click the device under 'Display device', choose 'Properties'. Under the 'Driver' tab, click 'Roll back driver'.