Dr. Watson Startup Problem everytime i start my computer
Posted 07 December 2007 - 11:00 AM
Posted 12 December 2007 - 01:22 PM
Let's see if there are any other problems:
- Download and install CCleaner from Piriform. During install, disable the option to install the Yahoo Toolbar if you don't want it.
- Run CCleaner and click Run Cleaner. Accept any prompts it gives you
- After this, click Registry and click the Scan for Issues button
- Once scan completes, click Fix Selected
- You do want to back up the registry, save the file (I usually save it to "My Documents\Registry Backups" directory)
- Click Fix All Selected Issues and OK the prompt
- Repeat steps 3-6 until there are no more issues.
- Close CCleaner
I'm also going to need a little bit more information from you.
To discover the type of Errors your machine has encountered recently, use Event Viewer.
- Go to Start | Run, type eventvwr.msc, then Press Enter.
- When the Event Viewer opens, there will be two panes.
The left pane is for event categories (Application, Security, and System).
The right pane is for event messages (Information, Warning, and Error).
- Left-click the Application category in the left pane and check for any error messages in the right pane.
You want to find the one(s) that occurred at the same time your system encountered the problem you have posted about.
- Repeat the previous step for each category, or until you find an appropriate error to investigate.
- Double-click the error message to bring up the information.
- Click the third button on the right side of the information window (copies information)
- Paste the information here
Please Run the PCPitstop Full Tests
You will need to use Internet Explorer to run the test
Register and create a password
Accept the ActiveX component to allow your machine to run the Full Tests
Registering and accepting the ActiveX are both SAFE and FREE.
Full Tests is the first item in the left hand column of that page.
The Full Tests take less than 5 minutes for most machines.
Once you have your Results, please post the TechExpress Link back here into this thread for review.
TechExpress is the last item on the list in the yellow box in upper right area of any Results page.
Post the entire URL link information back here into this Forum thread.
Caution: During the testing of Video Adapter, a variety of patterns, shapes, colors and text are “flashed” onto the users monitor screen. In the many thousands of daily uses of the PCPitstop Full Tests over several years, two individuals who suffer epilepsy experienced discomfort and temporary dizziness when viewing the flashing patterns.
If you know that you are susceptible to photo driven seizure, please look away from your screen during the Video Adapter testing sequence.
Note: The PCPitstop Full Tests Results is a free service, but is supported by various paid product advertisements for utilities that "could" remedy the OP's problem.
Since G2G is a "free-help" forum, we do not recommend or endorse purchase of automated utilities, and will assist you in manually correcting any problems and settings necessary to optimize your machine's performance. Ask your questions here. We'll help you walk through any necessary steps.
Let me know if you have any issues with these instructions.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users