Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Dr. Watson Startup Problem everytime i start my computer

• Please log in to reply

j_que

j_que

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
already did that same result..

Advertisements

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Do you have the xVid codec installed? If so, you may want to try to remove that as well.

j_que

j_que

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
already did that still the same..

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
If you have any other codecs that you installed, try uninstalling them.

Let's see if there are any other problems:
  • Download and install CCleaner from Piriform. During install, disable the option to install the Yahoo Toolbar if you don't want it.
  • Run CCleaner and click Run Cleaner. Accept any prompts it gives you
  • After this, click Registry and click the Scan for Issues button
  • Once scan completes, click Fix Selected
  • You do want to back up the registry, save the file (I usually save it to "My Documents\Registry Backups" directory)
  • Click Fix All Selected Issues and OK the prompt
  • Repeat steps 3-6 until there are no more issues.
  • Close CCleaner
Restart your computer. If the problem still occurs after restart, what I really need to look at is the mdmp file, rather than the log file you posted last.
________________________________________________________________________________

I'm also going to need a little bit more information from you.

To discover the type of Errors your machine has encountered recently, use Event Viewer.
  • Go to Start | Run, type eventvwr.msc, then Press Enter.
  • When the Event Viewer opens, there will be two panes.
    The left pane is for event categories (Application, Security, and System).
    The right pane is for event messages (Information, Warning, and Error).
  • Left-click the Application category in the left pane and check for any error messages in the right pane.
    You want to find the one(s) that occurred at the same time your system encountered the problem you have posted about.
  • Repeat the previous step for each category, or until you find an appropriate error to investigate.
  • Double-click the error message to bring up the information.
  • Click the third button on the right side of the information window (copies information)
  • Paste the information here
________________________________________________________________________________

Please Run the PCPitstop Full Tests
You will need to use Internet Explorer to run the test
Register and create a password
Accept the ActiveX component to allow your machine to run the Full Tests
Registering and accepting the ActiveX are both SAFE and FREE.
Full Tests is the first item in the left hand column of that page.

The Full Tests take less than 5 minutes for most machines.
Once you have your Results, please post the TechExpress Link back here into this thread for review.
TechExpress is the last item on the list in the yellow box in upper right area of any Results page.
Post the entire URL link information back here into this Forum thread.

Caution: During the testing of Video Adapter, a variety of patterns, shapes, colors and text are “flashed” onto the users monitor screen. In the many thousands of daily uses of the PCPitstop Full Tests over several years, two individuals who suffer epilepsy experienced discomfort and temporary dizziness when viewing the flashing patterns.
If you know that you are susceptible to photo driven seizure, please look away from your screen during the Video Adapter testing sequence.

Note: The PCPitstop Full Tests Results is a free service, but is supported by various paid product advertisements for utilities that "could" remedy the OP's problem.
Since G2G is a "free-help" forum, we do not recommend or endorse purchase of automated utilities, and will assist you in manually correcting any problems and settings necessary to optimize your machine's performance. Ask your questions here. We'll help you walk through any necessary steps.

Let me know if you have any issues with these instructions.

Regards,

Ax