Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BF2 Issues

• Please log in to reply

Harpreet

Harpreet

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I recently got BF2 (i know im late) and i have a dell e620 with 1.86 Ghz with intel duo core 2 processor and a nvidia 7300 le graphics card and 1 gb of ram and everytime i play BF2 it is fine for like 2 minutes then it either crashes to the desktop after a blue screen or it just freezes and never unfreezes

HELP PLZ!!!!!!! B/C I REALLY WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME!!!!!!!!

Advertisements

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts
Did you try updating your Video drivers?

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
What does the blue screen say?

Harpreet

Harpreet

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
i updated them but still same issue plus the blue screen says nothing then it just crashes to the desktop

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Are there any error in the event logs?

Click start > click run > type eventvwr.msc > click ok.
Look under system and application for errors with red Xs than happened at the same time as the problem and then list them with your reply. (Double clicking the error message will display more details).

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts
Please run the following tool and post the log please.

Download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) to your Desktop.
  • Close all applications and windows.
  • Double-click on DSS.exe to run it, and follow the prompts.
  • When it has finished, dss will open two Notepads main.txt and extra.txt -- please copy (CTRL+A and then CTRL+C) and paste (CTRL+V) the contents of main.txt and extra.txt in your next reply.
Extra Note: When running DSS, some firewalls may warn that sigcheck.exe is trying to access the internet - please ensure that you allow sigcheck.exe permission to do so. Also, it may happen that your Antivirus flags DSS as suspicious. Please allow the Deckard's System Scanner to run and don't let your Antivirus delete it. (In this case, it may be better to temporary disable your Antivirus)

cjusmc15

cjusmc15

• Pip
  • 9 posts
im a long time battlefield player, way back to 1942. more then likely your problem is punkbuster. heres a link:
http://www.evenbalan...age=pbsetup.php
go down and download it with the right os. then save it to your desktop. instructions are on the site. add bf2 to the program and everytime you play go and see if there are updates. this solves a lot problems with bf2.
btw whats yout bf id, im cjusmc15. hope to play you sometime. heres my stats:
http://bf2s.com/player/73041150/
and then 2142:
http://battlefield.e...mp;PID=81691468

Edited by cjusmc15, 11 December 2007 - 11:46 AM.