Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Can't log in on if I choose to boot XP instead of vista

• Please log in to reply

JimB

JimB

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
I dual boot. Recently, if I choose XP, the box will boot through to the user account log in screen, but I can' t move the pointer with the mouse. In fact, I can't use the keyboard or the mouse. This happened for both my USB wireless keyboard/mouse combo and when I plugged in a regular wired keyboard/mouse combo. What gives, and can anyone tell me how to fix this so I can boot XP again? (I have some programs that I use which are not supported in Vista.) Thanks.

Advertisements

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
It is a problem with drivers. If I'm not wrong, your drivers are updated to the Vista version, rendering your XP not to recognize these drivers. I'm not sure, but it's best to check the main website of the mouse/keyboard you're using and get both drivers, and install them both.

~Kelvin