Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows Vista conflict with AVG Anti-Virus: HELP!

• Please log in to reply

scun

scun

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My whole computer has been running slowly since the day my AVG Anti-virus stopped working suddenly.

The error message I get for AVG is this:

avgwb.dat- Application Error

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000006). Click OK to terminate the application.

I am fairly certain this is what is crippling my computer. Can someone help me figure this out? I tried changing some permissions on a .dll file suggested on another site, but nothing...

PLEASE HELP!!

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Hi scun. Welcome to GeeksToGo!

Make sure your version of AVG is compatible with Vista -- if in doubt remove it and download/install latest version from their website. Even if you're sure it's compatible, very often an uninstall/re-install will fix those initialisation problems.

And don't panic -- AVG is not the only free antivirus application, though it is perhaps the best of the bunch.