Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Slownesssssss

• Please log in to reply

JackZeRipper

JackZeRipper

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Well, my computer has been running slow lately, mainly my whole screen will lag, like when I move my mouse, there will be a delayed move, and when watching videos, it lags like that too, also when I play full screen games. Any ideas?

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hi,

Have you installed any new hardware/software recently?

Have you tried restoring Windows (with System Restore) to a time before you had the problem?

JackZeRipper

JackZeRipper

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
I was thinking of it, but I can't remember when it was working correctly. Also, I have only installed one or two games, and one internet brownser. I'm pretty sure that's it. Any ideas?

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Restore to to a time when you know it was working correctly, probably before you installed that stuff.

Have you run a malware scan?

JackZeRipper

JackZeRipper

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Malware scan? Never heard of it.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
A virus scan/spyware scan etc.

JackZeRipper

JackZeRipper

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Yes I have, and it has deleted small spyware cookies here and there, but never any viruses. Any more ideas?

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Did you try system restore?

JackZeRipper

JackZeRipper

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Yes I put it back a couple months and the problem is still there. Any idea?

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
I suggest you go to the Malware Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post a HiJackThis Log in THAT forum. If you are unable to run and/or post a HJT log, then post that in your initial post in the topic you create in that forum.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).