I have serious problems and I hope you will be able to advise me what to do….
Last weekend my power unit burned and I simple change the unit and it worked fine – when I say fine I mean sped of pc was ok, although it has the problem with the red/green dots on the screen (please see my topic of yesterday: http://www.geekstogo...PC-t177988.html - unfortunately no reply yet to it – but the problem is much more serious)
Didn’t do to much at this stage, except xp, avg, spyboot update… than pc started to be slower and the red/green dots becomes more frequent… so I opened the box to make sure that the graphic card is ok…
… from this morning pc keeps crashing all the time: first it needs 10 min to start (before 30-40sec), and than any program I start works with the snail speed… so I tried to double check the drivers… few times reinstall ati, uli and other drivers but every time result was that ps is even slower… that I try to go to the basics – meaning lets sort drivers as possible as can, and run all instructed from your malware “manual” (although, I think there no bugs on pc) …
…AND NOW BECOMES INTERESTING:
1. clean with ATF… (well, with the snail speed…)
2. downloaded avg anti-spyware and setup everything for the scan from the safe mode
3. started in safe mode – and it sits like 5 min on giveio.sys
4. eventually, when passed this “thing” I started avg antispyware, started to work and craches with the BSOD…
5. try few times – the same; try to run any scan in safe mode (as well as normal) and every time craches after 10s to 1 min… the same for anything: avg antivirus and antispyware, spybot, adaware, .. or even for TuneUp; well, IE, firefox and opera crashes after two-three clicks (either with these red dots with a sec or just craches…)
I didn’t have lately any problems with the viruses or spyware (I mean for maybe six monts, maybe year… - and all programs are up-to-date, including xp), so in my opinion (which proves obviously so far that I absolutely don’t know what the problem is) except that is probably related to the hardware (?)…
What should I do:
- how to check what’s wrong with any particular hardware? I have everest, but didn’t help me to much as I use it to update the drivers, and I have mess it up – obviously)
- is this giveio.sys any malware? If it is – how to go around and start the programs to remove it?
- do I have to maybe repair xp itself?
I have original cd drivers for the pc – also my xp cd is here… buy not quite sure what should do…
There are also few errors from the event viewer – I’ll try to post them in a sec (I am on laptop right now, so will try to add the errors from pc – finger x)
Please any help and advice most appreciated as I am pulling my heir out… also, I am online and can act immediately on any suggestion…
Thank you in advance… Regards