Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD, drivers, slow pc… crashes in safe mode too

• Please log in to reply

den01

den01

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
Hi everyone,

I have serious problems and I hope you will be able to advise me what to do….

Last weekend my power unit burned and I simple change the unit and it worked fine – when I say fine I mean sped of pc was ok, although it has the problem with the red/green dots on the screen (please see my topic of yesterday: http://www.geekstogo...PC-t177988.html - unfortunately no reply yet to it – but the problem is much more serious)

Didn’t do to much at this stage, except xp, avg, spyboot update… than pc started to be slower and the red/green dots becomes more frequent… so I opened the box to make sure that the graphic card is ok…

… from this morning pc keeps crashing all the time: first it needs 10 min to start (before 30-40sec), and than any program I start works with the snail speed… so I tried to double check the drivers… few times reinstall ati, uli and other drivers but every time result was that ps is even slower… that I try to go to the basics – meaning lets sort drivers as possible as can, and run all instructed from your malware “manual” (although, I think there no bugs on pc) …

…AND NOW BECOMES INTERESTING:
1. clean with ATF… (well, with the snail speed…)
2. downloaded avg anti-spyware and setup everything for the scan from the safe mode
3. started in safe mode – and it sits like 5 min on giveio.sys
4. eventually, when passed this “thing” I started avg antispyware, started to work and craches with the BSOD…
5. try few times – the same; try to run any scan in safe mode (as well as normal) and every time craches after 10s to 1 min… the same for anything: avg antivirus and antispyware, spybot, adaware, .. or even for TuneUp; well, IE, firefox and opera crashes after two-three clicks (either with these red dots with a sec or just craches…)

I didn’t have lately any problems with the viruses or spyware (I mean for maybe six monts, maybe year… - and all programs are up-to-date, including xp), so in my opinion (which proves obviously so far that I absolutely don’t know what the problem is) except that is probably related to the hardware (?)…

What should I do:
- how to check what’s wrong with any particular hardware? I have everest, but didn’t help me to much as I use it to update the drivers, and I have mess it up – obviously)
- is this giveio.sys any malware? If it is – how to go around and start the programs to remove it?
- do I have to maybe repair xp itself?

I have original cd drivers for the pc – also my xp cd is here… buy not quite sure what should do…

There are also few errors from the event viewer – I’ll try to post them in a sec (I am on laptop right now, so will try to add the errors from pc – finger x)

Please any help and advice most appreciated as I am pulling my heir out… also, I am online and can act immediately on any suggestion…

Thank you in advance… Regards

Den

Advertisements

den01

den01

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
The attached file is list of errors from event viewer... (doing this ps crashes twice...)

Thank you. Regards,

Den

Attached Files