Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Do burn marks go away?

• Please log in to reply

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
Ok I am really stressed right now cause I just burned my right cheek and it really hurts. I was wondering if once it heals it will go away or will there be mark left over? (plz say yes), I have other burn marks that didn't go away, but thats probably cause I kept pealing the rashes and everything, what should I do?

Thanks

Soorena

Edited by SOORENA, 27 November 2007 - 12:06 PM.

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
It depends on how deep and big the burn is. If you think you have burned past the outer layer of skin, you might want to see your doctor since it's on your face. It is important to keep it clean, because infection will compound the problem. Neosporin (a clear antibiotic cream with the consistency of Vasoline) can help keep the injury pliable while it's healing, and keep the itching down. If you have any concerns, please see your doctor! Best of luck to you.
Johanna

**Brian**

**Brian**

Semper Paratus: Always Ready

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

It depends on how deep and big the burn is. If you think you have burned past the outer layer of skin, you might want to see your doctor since it's on your face. It is important to keep it clean, because infection will compound the problem. Neosporin (a clear antibiotic cream with the consistency of Vasoline) can help keep the injury pliable while it's healing, and keep the itching down. If you have any concerns, please see your doctor! Best of luck to you.
Johanna

I have several scars from medical proceedures - While scars heal and may leave marks, they lessen as time passes. In time, they are almost indistiguishable, but as Johanna states you should see a doctor and keep the burns clean - because the severity of the burn as well as the deepness of it will determine how bad the scarring may be. I have burned my fingers, and it does take time to heal, but in time the burns will hopefully heal and they will disappear in time.

Good Luck!!

Brian

Edited by **Brian**, 27 November 2007 - 03:57 PM.

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
how did you burn your cheek?

SOORENA

SOORENA

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
Well I was cooking some stuff and one of the things I put in erupted the oil, and I just found out after I felt the pain that my neck, right cheek, and left part of my nose are burnt. I was lucky that I was wearing my glasses or else I would have been in the Hospital right now. I feel a little better now after I applied the Neosporin that Johanna suggested but I don't like the looks of the bruises. I will drop by my uncle's and see if its serious, (uncle's a doctor).

Soorena

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
also...scars give you character...chics dig scars! makes you seem like a "dangerous guy"....you can make up great stories about how you got em too "i was saving these puppies from a fire at a chemical plant...and BOOM!...now i've got super powers"

i h ave a hard time counting all of my scars...and it would take at least a month to recount all the times i've burned myself....most of the burn scars have faded though (most 1st to 2nd degree burns fade pretty quickly)...i've got a few welding burns left though....but that's because hot slag tends to go past more than the first few layers of skin

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts

...but that's because hot slag tends to go past more than the first few layers of skin

Indeed it does.....ouch!!!

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
Oh dude... i have a scar on my eyelid from cooking. I was making a huge pot of mashed potatoes (gotta love foodservice...) and it got too hot and popped and I got hit in the eye. It was ridiculous. I also have slight scars on my arm from oil splashes.... But both blistered. Did yours blister? If it didn't, it probably won't scar. :)

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
I am fine with scars unless they are 1/2 inch wide and 6 inches long.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts

I am fine with scars unless they are 1/2 inch wide and 6 inches long.

You can say "I was surfing and got bit by a shark" :)

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Ya that is a lot better then just saying I had surgery and the doctor did not staple my leg back together well.

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts
Oh that's lovely.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i'll try to get a good picture of my arm this weekend (since we're talking scars now....)...i almost ripped my arm off on a chainlink fence when i was in 2nd grade

SOORENA

SOORENA

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Oh dude... i have a scar on my eyelid from cooking. I was making a huge pot of mashed potatoes (gotta love foodservice...) and it got too hot and popped and I got hit in the eye. It was ridiculous. I also have slight scars on my arm from oil splashes.... But both blistered. Did yours blister? If it didn't, it probably won't scar. :)

Well the ones on my face and neck didn't but I also noticed some on three of my fingers and 2 of them did blister. I have no problem with the hands since I have 19 other types of scars all over them, either from playing with pets, welding, cutting wood and etc. Its fine but its the face and neck that I'm worried about. Some little burn marks had peeled off this morning which have faded almost by now but the neck is looking worse, I think it might be because I walked to school in this cold weather the day I burnt it.

Soorena

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
My daughter was ironing one day and dropped the iron on her leg (she's clumsy like that :)). Actually, she was sitting on the floor using a small travel ironing board and the iron fell on her leg. She had a pretty nasty large burn. I took her to the doctor because the whole top layer of skin was blistered and coming off. She was given an antibiotic cream to put on it while it healed. That area of her leg is slightly darker now - it is still visible, but not as an obvious ugly scar.