Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Do burn marks go away?

• Please log in to reply

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
My stepdaughter fell onto a hot lawnmower that had just been shut off, and we took her to the emergency room. The burned area was large and deep, and it scarred.

I have a huge monster aloe vera plant, and lots of people have healthy plants from it. I take big arms off and you can't tell. This plant truly does have a magic healing power for burns. You cut off a spear and squeeze the goo out. Minor burns disappear quickly, and the goo takes the sting out of bigger ones. I always thought aloe vera stories were exaggerated, but I've had this plant for ten years and believe in the stuff now.
Johanna

Attached Thumbnails

• aloevera.jpg

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Johanna, that plant looks like it could transport itself around the house!

*sari pictures the aloe vera plant moving from room to room to follow the sunlight, dragging its pot behind it.

SOORENA

SOORENA

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
Cool!!!! Where can I get one of these cause I don't think they sell them at home depot, lol. Also is it actually called a aloe vera plant or does it have a name?

Thanks for all your replies I am less stressed now.

Soorena

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
Johanna, that's a nice plant, and a nice house! :)

Yeah, they're just called aloe vera plants... but I have no idea where you'd buy one, as it's likely your local Walgreen's doesn't carry aloe vera plants.

You could try aloe vera gel though, and that's available at most pharmacies.

SOORENA

SOORENA

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
See the problem is that they have already rashed and I don't know if I should still apply any kind of lotion on them since they are covered up.

Soorena

keithr128

keithr128

• PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
I used Tummy Honey Stretch Mark Fading Cream when I got burned with hot tar at work and even though my skin is still disfigured there is no color difference in my skin.
I think if I had continued to use it longer it probably would have faded the scar a bit more.

@Johanna, My mother has one of those plants and whenever my face is pitchburned from work I will stop by and grab a hunk of it, it works wonders.

harrythook

harrythook

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,618 posts
One thing to note, any type of injury will affect the way skin produces pigment (skin color), with light burns it usually leaves the skin a much lghter color. This is important as it leaves the area more exposed to sunburn, which can lead to problems later on in life. I would suggest that you take extra care to prevent over exposure to the sun.
This information was given to me by my doctor, who is treating me for some problems on my head and neck. Chemical burns or deep freezing leaves the same type of light scarring as a heat burn. Although it took many years of me having fun in the sun on my boat to get these neat little spots the doctor takes off, once your skin is damaged they can come in a hurry.
Be smart, and take care of your injury and prevent future problems by using a good sunscreen once your healed :)

Harry

SOORENA

SOORENA

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
Ok finally its nice to say that the ones on my face have completely healed and I am not sure where exactly they were before so thats good :). Also the one on my neck is pealing off, (gross), but I will not touch it until it falls off itself, or should I do it anyways :)?

Soorena

Edited by SOORENA, 03 December 2007 - 06:42 PM.

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Soorena,

Burn pealing is never a good sign I would go see a doctor.

SOORENA

SOORENA

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
Is it really? Cause it doesn't look that bad its just that the rash is pealing off little by little, by gross I meant the thought of the rash pealing but in reality its not that bad, I guess I will stop by my uncles again.

Soorena

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Type of burns

I would analyze what type of burn you have. Then make the decision on what to do. If you think you have a first degree then you are fine just get aloe vera. It also depends on how large the burn is.

Edited by tuxmaster, 03 December 2007 - 10:48 PM.

SOORENA

SOORENA

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
I think mine is a first degree but it didn't swell it just had a rash and now its just falling apart cause its dried up. Could it be a second or third degree burn?

Soorena

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
None of us are medical professionals and we haven't actually seen the burn. If you're that concerned, I suggest you see a doctor.

amusinglisa

amusinglisa

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
It's not too late to use some Vit E oil on that burn. It's a bit better than Neosporin and all because it is not petorleum based (I mean, really, do you want a fossil fuel based product on an open wound?). Although there was a big hoopla about cuts healing better with neosporin than dry, no one ever said that neosporin is any better than cooking oil...

And sunscreen that mark for a good six months -- you do not want it turning purple! This I know from experience.

Edited to day that I actually am a medical professional and that if it did not blister or char, you are looking at a first degree burn AND it's probably too late to do much now other than just take care of the skin as it heals.

Edited by amusinglisa, 06 December 2007 - 10:12 PM.

briandoo345

briandoo345

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Okay I recently burnt my arm taking a pizza out of the oven. It's nothing bad just like a inch or 2 long. It seems like it barely got too much of the skin, but I was wondering if it would ever go away or would it leave a mark forever. I just don't like the way it looks. Does anybody know?