Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Auto Launch Not Working ..Please Help (XP)

• Please log in to reply

nofinga911

nofinga911

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
Hi everyone I am running windows XP and when I put in a cd it doesnt automatically open and the same goes for when I put a memory stick in or anything like that. My computer used to always automatically open all of these things. Why is it not working anymore? By the way I am new here but from reading posts, this forum looks great! Thanks

Advertisements

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hello nofinga911 and welcome to geeks to go!

It sounds to me like Autoplay may have been disabled. Visit the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article for more information:
The AutoRun feature or the AutoPlay feature does not work when you insert a CD-ROM in the drive

Let me know if this helps,

Ax

nofinga911

nofinga911

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Thank you but I tried everything on there and nothing seemed to work...

Hello nofinga911 and welcome to geeks to go!

It sounds to me like Autoplay may have been disabled. Visit the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article for more information:
The AutoRun feature or the AutoPlay feature does not work when you insert a CD-ROM in the drive

Let me know if this helps,

Ax

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
OK, well we know one thing that it isn't then!

Go to Start | My Computer, right-click the CD drive, and choose Properties. Select the Autoplay tab and click the Restore Defaults button if it is available.

Edited by Ax238, 27 November 2007 - 03:43 PM.

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
I have had good results with the Autoplay Repair Wizard on several systems:
http://www.microsoft...;displaylang=en