Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD shenanigans.

• Please log in to reply

yourwintersnow

yourwintersnow

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm sorry if this problem has been posted before. I've searched a ton of sites and found similar problems but no solutions.

Ok, here we go. I updated to Vista in June and have yet to encounter any serious problems. About a week ago I got cable installed in my house. About an hour after getting my computer online (hooked directly to the cable modem, now connected wirelessly) my computer suddenly went to BSOD while using slsk and then restarted. For a few days it would do that sporadically, always when i had itunes, slsk or some media player running. Then it would die during firefox sessions when I had nothing else running. After a while when i would try to reboot after the crash, it would keep crashing during startup while windows is loading. It rarely ever boots into windows now and if it does, it goes to the BSOD and once again reboots. However when I use safemode, the problems are non-existant. any help would be greatly appreciated. here is one of my many error reports;

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.2
Locale ID: 1033

Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be available)
Mini112707-02.dmp
sysdata.xml
Version.txt

View a temporary copy of these files
Warning: If a virus or other security threat caused the problem, opening a copy of the files could harm your computer.

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: 1000007e
BCP1: C0000005
BCP2: 889AD411
BCP3: 8464E2E0
BCP4: 8464DFDC
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
Server information: 7749f22c-6159-4d3e-b9e8-418b6137ead1

Advertisements

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP
I believe this is caused by your new cable set up and a device driver.

yourwintersnow

yourwintersnow

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
any advice on how to fix that?