Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

very slow sims 2

• Please log in to reply

jenny222

jenny222

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
hi to all
I have been playing the sims 2 for more than 3 years, and the game play was working fine. This year I installed the sims2 seasons. the game was extremely slow. it takes more than 30 mins to get into the game play.worst of all the game play is really slow. 1 second inthe game would go for 5 seconds. I then reinstalled the sims2 seasons and still ther was no differenece.I then installed Bon voyage but it is still slow. I lowered the graphics settings and sound settings to the lowest possible.I took out the custom downloads.This all makes no differnece. My computer is windows xp toshiba satellite A10-PSA10A. The RAM is 512mb. the processor is an intel celeron CPU 2.50ghz. I have 12GB free space. I defragmented and made free space on the computer. I dont think my comp properties have problems because the game was working fine before. My video card is an intel 82852/82855 GM/GME graphics controller and my sound card is a soundmax integrated digital audio. If i need to update them plz give me websites. I have tried so many things to update them because i cant. Plz help i want to enjoy the game. I also downloaded many patches. If intel isnt good, then can i change my video card? Give me a link plz.

Edited by jenny222, 27 November 2007 - 10:06 PM.

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hello jenny222 and welcome to G2G!

The minimum specifications for the expansion packs is higher than the original game. Intel integrated graphics aren't the very good at the best of times. Your graphics card is also not on the officially supported graphics card chipsets list.

Have you closed all unncessary background tasks, defrag your hard drive? etc etc

You could try updating your drivers.

Click the link > http://www.isd.toshi...upport_page.jsp > click drivers, BIOS, utilities, software > enter the correct product information and click go > download the graphics card driver (Toshiba normally have it listed as a display driver) > uninstall the existing driver via add/remove programs in control panel and restart your PC > install the download driver and restart.

jenny222

jenny222

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I did disable unnecssary backround tasks. in the toshiba website, i am downloading an Intel Montara GML Display Driver. Is this driver okay. Am i allowed to change intel to radeon or something like that. If i can it will be useful for u to give me alink.Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it. :)Oh. I installed Intel montara GML driver. Then it turned to be an intel extreme graphics driver 2 for mobile. It appears in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. I already had intel extreme graphics2 when the sims 2 was slow. When i uninstall the old drivers and restart, they reinstall again automatically. so it doesnt make intel extreme graphics my video adapter(it doesnt make a difference). Is there away to change the old drivers completely without them reinstalling.

Edited by jenny222, 29 November 2007 - 01:48 AM.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
You need the Intel driver, the ATI one won't work. I would give you a link but their site uses sessions and the session would probably expire before you clicked the link.

If they keep reinstalling then I guess you'll just have to install the latest over the top of the existing one.

jenny222

jenny222

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
If the updated driver of intel doesnt work what other solution is available to make the game faster?thankyou.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Lowering the resolution and graphical settings may help. You should be able to do this in the options menu.

jenny222

jenny222

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
the graphics resolution is the lowest possible.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Lower the detail levels, change the lighting, turn off shadows etc etc.

Edited by ZEUS_GB, 30 November 2007 - 05:04 AM.

jenny222

jenny222

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I have done all of this. Everything is turned off the lowest possible. This is why im asking for help.I need the latest update for the intel 82852/82855 GM/GME graphics controller. I cant find it.

Edited by jenny222, 30 November 2007 - 07:16 PM.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Go here and download the latest driver, uninstall the existing driver and install the one from this site.

Edited by ZEUS_GB, 03 December 2007 - 02:45 AM.