Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows has recovered from a serious error

• Please log in to reply

google-ish

google-ish

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
hi guys...i've been getting this recently...

After i startup my computer, a few minutes later it crashes. It restarts and show me this message...
"Windows has recovered from a serious error."

The error signature....
BCCode : 10000050 BCP1 : CDCDCDED BCP2 : 00000000 BCP3 : B3706901
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

This is the error log...
C:\DOCUME~1\Gabriel\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER3626.dir00\Mini112807-04.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Gabriel\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER3626.dir00\sysdata.xml

Can anybody tell me if this is a virus, trojan, malware, spyware or anything? And how do i remove it...thx

Advertisements

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hello google-ish,

I moved your topic from the waiting room, as that isn't a forum where you can be helped. The waiting room is for users who have already asked for help and haven't received a response in three days. It's more of a heads-up to staff members so the request does not get forgotten.

As far as your problem, we will probably want to take care of that only after your log has been declared clean by JSntgRvr in your thread in the malware removal forum. If you still need assistance after this point, please feel free to let us know here.

Regards,

Ax

Edited by Ax238, 28 November 2007 - 08:51 AM.

google-ish

google-ish

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Because of this problem occured, it's very hard for me to continue cleaning out the malware...so therefore i think it is necessary to solve this first instead...or do you have any quick suggestions to be able to prevent my pc from shutting down...? This is a serious problem for me as I need my computer for my school project...

Edited by google-ish, 28 November 2007 - 08:21 PM.

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
I understand and I'll see what I can do. Zip and upload the following file and I'll take a look:
C:\DOCUME~1\Gabriel\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER3626.dir00\Mini112807-04.dmp

Depending on its complexity, we may be able to resolve it before too long.

Ax

google-ish

google-ish

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
ok...i'll try my best...because a few minutes after it starts up, it crashes....i may or may not even be able to open IE or even zip the file...

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Can you get into safe mode by tapping F8 on startup?

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Hello google-ish

The file located in C:\DOCUME~1\Gabriel\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER3626.dir00\Mini112807-04.dmp is a temporary file it may not be there anymore. Instead upload the files in c:\windows\minidump. You are probably getting a Bug Check 0x50: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA blue screen error message. Have you installed any new software/hardware or updated any software recently? Usually with this error message you can get into safe mode. If you are unable to stay in safe mode for a particularly long period of time please provide us with the technical information if you get a blue screen. If you do not get a blue screen with white text we want to do is stop windows from automatically restarting and display the blue screen error message.

Right click MY COMPUTER, choose PROPERTIES, choose ADVANCED, choose the SETTINGS button in the Startup And RECOVERY section, and uncheck AUTOMATICALLY RESTART. Click APPLY and OK.

When your computer restarts automatically next report any error messages. If you get a blue screen with white text report all the technical information.

google-ish

google-ish

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
thx for your reply...

I've tried going into safe mode. During the part where the computer loads some partition thingy, it gets stuck at this thing that starts with m...therefore, safe mode is out.

secondly is, i tried going into the location and delete the two that caused the error. Apparently, it helps(I'm in the midst of doing my project u see). But still occasionally, like say when i went to my room after trying t transfer files, I come back and i see the windows xp loading bar(it restarted..)

Last of all, during the chkdsk in the midst of starting up, theres this eror that says a file is cross-linked with another file and it gets stuck there. I had to skip that just to resume startup...

These are the latest events that are happening...I have tried your method and i hope it doesn't restart again...

Edited by google-ish, 29 November 2007 - 11:55 AM.

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
The partition thing that starts with M-something is likely mup.sys. This is a system file that often takes a long time to load as Safe Mode starts. Go ahead and try going into safe mode again by tapping F8 and selecting safe mode. When it gets to mup.sys, be patient. It will load. :)

google-ish

google-ish

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Ok i got a few questions...

I managed to get into safe mode...so what do i do? Clear away what i was wanting to install? I tried to install Adobe CS3 master collection...though it failed, it appeared in Add/Remoe Programs.

I got the blue screen...Technicall informaton is as follows...
css-dvp.sys- Address B37D7901 base at B37C4000, Datestamp 46925bb9
Beginning dump of physica memory
physical memory dump complete.
Contact your sstem adminstrator or technical support group for further assistance.

Advertisements

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
google-ish,

There should be a stop code on the blue screen. It looks like UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME with a code after it, like 0x0000003D(0xA3E451B5, 0x100000BD, 0x5000000D). Does a code that looks like this show up on the blue screen?

google-ish

google-ish

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
yeah...something like that...really...

HELP...its becoming worse...

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
What is the code and name that shows up on the blue screen?

google-ish

google-ish

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
hey I think i have solved the problem...

I figured out that it was after I installed Daemon Tools then realized that there was an error so i uninstalled it...should be because of the registry that caused some crash...I cleared the registry with Ccleaner...

anyways, thanks for all your help...now i shall go back to cleaning my system of the malwares...

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
:) Thanks for replying back with how you resolved the issue. Great job!