Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

The GeeksToGo Car Park

• Please log in to reply

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts

Hi sari!Who is the manufacturer of the car you're driving?I never seen that model,i dont think it's available in europe

It's a Subaru B9 Tribeca - it was a new model in 2006.

Do they call it the B9? I always thought B9 was a local Israeli marketing trick...

Anyway I've heard the car's wonderful, even though the looks don't... Appeal to me :) The new generation looks excellent though.

Advertisements

zorba the geek

zorba the geek

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Here is my x-mas present

Strange Subaru didnt released this model in greece!Sari,niiiiiice suv,looks cool :) !

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts

Here is my x-mas present

Strange Subaru didnt released this model in greece!Sari,niiiiiice suv,looks cool :) !

Ooh, the 4007 (I think?), looks good :) Based on the new Pajaro, BTW.

We do have this model in Israel, but it doesn't sell well.

zorba the geek

zorba the geek

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
Hi landlord,yes you're right.The body structure has been developed with the Mitsubishi Motors Corporation,it's a great concept.I like it,i've been a Peugeot fan for years.I had a peugeot504 in south africa,it was unbreakable.We all drive peugeots,my wife the207cc,my son the 307.

Edited by zorba the geek, 29 November 2007 - 03:21 PM.

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts

Hi landlord,yes you're right.The body structure has been developed with the Mitsubishi Motors Corporation,it's a great concept.I like it,i've been a Peugeot fan for years.I had a peugeot504 in south africa,it was unbreakable.We all drive peugeots,my wife the207cc,my son the 307.

See my first post, we have a 307 too... Breaks down a lot. We also have a 205, a classic :)

zorba the geek

zorba the geek

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
The first 307 where full of bugs,but this model(2007)is said to be ok.Only my wifes car worries me a bit,it got the turbo engine made by BMW(same with the mini cooper).It's so noisy and rumor has it,the engine likes to blow up :)

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts

The first 307 where full of bugs,but this model(2007)is said to be ok.Only my wifes car worries me a bit,it got the turbo engine made by BMW(same with the mini cooper).It's so noisy and rumor has it,the engine likes to blow up :)

We have the first 307 that's 'full of bugs', and it's noticeable. I've heard only good about the BMW engine... :)

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Posted Image
Although, sadly, mine doesn't look quite like this anymore :)

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP

Hi sari!Who is the manufacturer of the car you're driving?I never seen that model,i dont think it's available in europe

It's a Subaru B9 Tribeca - it was a new model in 2006.

Do they call it the B9? I always thought B9 was a local Israeli marketing trick...

Anyway I've heard the car's wonderful, even though the looks don't... Appeal to me :) The new generation looks excellent though.

I'm very happy with the car. It handles well and has some nice features. I had a Subaru Forester before, and I like the cars. I bought this one because it has the optional 7 passenger seating for when I need to take my daughters and their friends places. They like the DVD player for long trips.

keithr128

keithr128

• PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
Posted Image

Posted Image

Top Grand Cherokee SRT 8

Bottom 95 Grand Cherokee ironhorse 6
Both in black

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP

This is my car except mine is gray and without the spoiler. I bought it with 130000 miles on it for 3000 It now has over 230000. I have also driven it though Nevada.

Tux, I had a 1990 red acura integra ls hatchback. I loved that car - it's my favorite of all the cars I've owned. It had 96,000 miles on it when I sold it. It just wasn't suitable for driving babies around in.

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts

Posted Image
Top Grand Cherokee SRT 8

It's the Hemi version, right? 6.1 liters! Awesome. I bet it's one [bleep] of a fun to drive :)

@sari, It is a good car, as I've said I've heard very good reviews on it. It's just that is it's overly expensive here and no one buys it because of the image of Subaru here, which is associated with cheap cars... We did consider buying the Forester, it's a lovely car.

We're going to replace the 307 soon, with a new lease from my father's work. It's the Skoda Roomster (essentially VW):

Posted Image

Yes, I am aware it's the ugliest car you might have ever seen, but that's our only option since we need to fit in our dog and that's a lease from work...

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
I have owned a Jeep of some sort for about 12 years now...... I use to own jeep wranglers and do the old lift, big tires, lockers, gears, etc...etc... and off road them. Now I own a Jeep Liberty and its much better for the travel I do with work, but I have been know to take the Liberty off road a little :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
oh yeah....did I mention that the wife has a jeep liberty as well? Hers is red so I guess you can say we have his and her Jeeps :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts
Nice Jeeps! :)

I find the interior to be rather small for that size of a car, having been in a Liberty several times...