Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

The GeeksToGo Car Park

• Please log in to reply

AgentMES

AgentMES

Banned Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
LOL! Nice editing!

Advertisements

zorba the geek

zorba the geek

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
Since this is a "car thread" and i already posted my wheels here i'd like to show you something somebody stuck onto my windscreen yesterday at the clinic!

It's the latest fashion in greece,if you park wrong they(not police)stick it to your windscreen!

It say's:I AM A DONKEY,AND I WILL PARK WHERE EVER I LIKE

Btw: i did deserved it this time :)

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts
:) Lucky you, we get a nice little 50$ bill... And if you dare talking on your cell phone while driving, you'll get a whooping 250$ bill.

Edited by landlord, 14 January 2008 - 04:18 PM.

GeekTech

GeekTech

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
WOW $250.00 :) ! Everybody talks on there cellphones while driving here in the US and there's no fine.

GeekTech

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
There should be a fine, I nearly hit people daily when they are talking on their cells and I'm a good driver (it's always the same intersection)!
The problem is, people on cell phones pay so little attention to the road that when they just avoid disaster, they don't realize it because they were not paying attention and therefore don't learn from the experience. There lies the problem.
James

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts
Yes, actually, when I was in Canada I was really surprised you guys don't have this fine. Unfortunately, Israel has a lot of car accidents, which are usually the result of drivers not paying attention or truck drivers sleeping on the wheel. More than 462 people were killed on the roads here in 2007.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
462 people, thats it? I think it would be well over 5,000 in Canada when figuring in drunk diving and other driving fatalities, but I could be over estimating those figures.
We are well over 462 people though.
James

Edited by james_8970, 15 January 2008 - 09:05 AM.

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts
Well, considering we have 7 million people and you have more than 33 million people... Just a proportion. That's still not the same, but nevertheless, it is frightening.

Drunk driving is pretty common here although radio & TV campaigns do help.

Edited by landlord, 15 January 2008 - 09:12 AM.

zorba the geek

zorba the geek

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
We got plenty laws in greece and heavy finds,but the cops dont care unless you park in their space in front of the cafe!
Normal people handing out those stickers,trying to educate drivers!
Below is a photo of the "Donkey"of the month,from their website

AgentMES

AgentMES

Banned Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

There should be a fine, I nearly hit people daily when they are talking on their cells and I'm a good driver (it's always the same intersection)!
The problem is, people on cell phones pay so little attention to the road that when they just avoid disaster, they don't realize it because they were not paying attention and therefore don't learn from the experience. There lies the problem.
James

There are a lot of teen-age drivers here in the US that want to show off for there girlfriends and tear around like maniacs... My dad say's if you are a good driver you pretty much just have to watch out for other people that just drive carelessly around not paying attention to the safety of other people... Those kind of people I think are the people that shouldn't be driving. Oh and the cell phone thing, I think people should use the bluetooth hands free thing, but it sure doesn't seem to be very popular... :)

-AgentMES

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts

James

There are a lot of teen-age drivers here in the US that want to show off for there girlfriends and tear around like maniacs... My dad say's if you are a good driver you pretty much just have to watch out for other people that just drive carelessly around not paying attention to the safety of other people... Those kind of people I think are the people that shouldn't be driving. Oh and the cell phone thing, I think people should use the bluetooth hands free thing, but it sure doesn't seem to be very popular... :)

-AgentMES

Hmmm, I'm thinking about my friends right now. Bluetooth or no bluetooth, I don't think anyone should be on the phone while driving.
James

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts

We got plenty laws in greece and heavy finds,but the cops dont care unless you park in their space in front of the cafe!
Normal people handing out those stickers,trying to educate drivers!
Below is a photo of the "Donkey"of the month,from their website

Are you kidding? Cops here really care! They hunt for you... They circle around Tel Aviv looking for desperate drivers who've parked their car just for a moment, and whoops, you've just got yourself a bill.

Another hobby of theirs is hiding in dark corners of roads, at night, near stop signs. Of course, since that's a quiet road everyone doesn't stop... And they're there to hand him a 120$ bill.

It's worse on roads, they have secret corners on highways where they dig up and watch you. There is a unique system here, however; when a driver sees a police car parking, he's going to flicker his lights violently so all drivers in the opposite lane slow down.

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts

There is a unique system here, however; when a driver sees a police car parking, he's going to flicker his lights violently so all drivers in the opposite lane slow down.

It's illegal to do that here. My brother got a $150 fine for doing that. He passed a patrolman with a hand held camera on the side of the road and flicked his lights to the oncoming traffic and a little further down the road was caught by a policeman in his car on the side of the road.

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts
Really? :) I bet our cops haven't got there yet! It's all in good spirit though, our cops are on the soft side - if they're in a good mood, they'll let you go :)

Edited by landlord, 15 January 2008 - 02:23 PM.

GeekTech

GeekTech

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Hey this is a car that blows away all others (16 cylinders 1000 HP. 250MPH :)):

http://auto.howstuff...g...ron&page=13

A zero-to-60 time of three seconds
A zero-to-180 time of 14 seconds

The link will take you to HowStuffWorks you can see a gallery of the car and read all about the specs.

WOW! "At maximum power, the engine is burning 1.33 gallons of gasoline per minute ~:) Great MPG huh? :)~ and needs to dissipate all of that heat through its radiators."

GeekTech