Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Laptop to 47" LCD

• Please log in to reply

w0lverine

w0lverine

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
Hey guys, this is quite a challenging question here.

I recently got a 47" LCD HDTV for my living room, and I have been wanting to plug in my laptop to it. Well i got an HDMI to DVI cable, but when i plugged it in, nothing came up on my screen, after doing all the proper screen setup in Vista. I have fiddled with refresh rates, resolution's, etc. Nothing will work. I have yet to check the settings on my tv itself though.

My laptop see's the TV when it's plugged in, it even recognizes that it's a philips. It's an nVidia GeForce GO 7300 in my laptop, and I can run Bioshock on it even.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Wolfie.

Advertisements

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hello Wolfie,

I have yet to check the settings on my tv itself though.

That'd be a good place to start. Find the options in your TV menu to change the input setting. Many times multiple connectors feed into a single input and you have to select the appropriate one.

Regards,

Ax

w0lverine

w0lverine

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I'll post up if it doesn't seem to be the TV, or whatever...

Thanks

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
:) No problem, hope you get it working! Let us know.