Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC shutdown. no bluescreen, no errors.

• Please log in to reply

dorkfish

dorkfish

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a DELL, with XP and the rest is in the computer description. I am not running any new games or anything, and have formatted the HD 4 times and done 5 installes of window with and without SP2. I just got an ATI 9600 pro 256mb video card, and when I enter anything graphics intensive, the computer shuts down without any errors,no blue screen, no disk check when I restart, no reboot. It is just like someone pushing the power button without me looking. I just got a 450w PSU, and this problem only happens with the ATI card. I am sending it back for a replacement just incase it is bad, but if the new one does the same thing, I am going to buy a new MB and case, to get away from this DELL Junk. As for the rest of the problems, I am going to be starting with all the stuff suggested. Let me know if you have any ideas on the shutdown. It is not the drivers either, becuase I have tried 5 different drivers for this card as well!

Attached Files

Advertisements