Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Microsoft Outlook 2000 Problem

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Whenever I try to send, receive and/or delete e-mails, a box pops up that says, "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." I have restarted both Outlook and my computer, but to no result. I can check my e-mails by logging on to the Web Mail, but I much prefer Outlook. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attached File  Outlook.bmp   384.12KB   70 downloads

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts

If that does not apply you to, I can only suggest you back up all your messages and contacts (export as a PST file), then uninstall/re-install Outlook. It's important to uninstall it and not simply re-install over it, to be certain of removing any possibly corrupted files.

Edited by pip22, 29 November 2007 - 04:53 AM.