Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Outlook 2000 Problem

• Please log in to reply

wojcicki

wojcicki

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Whenever I try to send, receive and/or delete e-mails, a box pops up that says, "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." I have restarted both Outlook and my computer, but to no result. I can check my e-mails by logging on to the Web Mail, but I much prefer Outlook. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attached File  Outlook.bmp   384.12KB   288 downloads

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/275186

If that does not apply you to, I can only suggest you back up all your messages and contacts (export as a PST file), then uninstall/re-install Outlook. It's important to uninstall it and not simply re-install over it, to be certain of removing any possibly corrupted files.

Edited by pip22, 29 November 2007 - 04:53 AM.