Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 0 posts
Hi Folks Geeks--please HELP! I finally got all updates for Spysweeper/AVG/Zone alarm/etc--PC running better. Zone Alarm's new program update has blocked MANY MANY strange "pings"--things that say "Washington"--whatever that means--Blocks something about 50 times within several hours online!! My question is--I get frequently Zone Alarm alert-- LiveUpdate Engine COM module is trying to acceess the Internet. The Application-- LuComServer_3_0.EXE Destination IP is HTTP ----- What is this?? I read somewhere that it from Symatec. I DO not have ANY Norton on my PC. Deleted every aspect of it a LONG time ago and got AVG and AVAST. Should I allow it? What is it?? PLEASE advise. THX in advance!!!!!! Average PC user

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
'LuComServer_3_0.EXE' is definitley a Norton file, the Norton LiveUpdate component. You say you removed all Norton Products a long time ago, but Norton products are notorious for leaving traces of itself on your hard drive after an uninstall, and indeed the 'LiveUpdate' module has it's own separate entry in Add/Remove Programs. This won't uninstall itself until all associated products have first been uninstalled -- so check your 'Add/Remove' list.

There is also a 'removal tool' provided by Symantec which removes all Norton applications and any 'bits' that get left behind after a normal uninstall: http://service1.syma...005033108162039