Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

webcam wont install

• Please log in to reply

cappsd

cappsd

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
Trying to install a Logitech QuickCam to my system. I have installed the included software but when it comes time to plug the webcam up, the system wont recognize it. I have tried various USB ports with the same results. I borrowed a MicroInnovations Basic Webcam from a friend and tried to install it with the same results. My computer just doesnt seem to find the webcam at hookup time. thanks for any help you can provide

Advertisements

mazuk

mazuk

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
Make sure you have all the relevant drivers installed for your motherboard could be a simple problem like that.

cappsd

cappsd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Sorry, not real computer literate..... How do I check this?

mazuk

mazuk

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
Whether it was a manufactured pc or you bought the mobo serperatley you should have got a driver cd with all the relevant drivers needed to run that mobo smoothly, if not go onto your mobo's manufacturers site and look for your model and you should be able to download various updates and drivers.